What causes a Hangover?
Shortly after consuming an alcoholic drink, the liver gets to work. The problem is, this work takes time.
Your body can only metabolize one drink per hour.
There are many variables that can contribute to having a hangover. It is impossible to say for sure exactly what causes a hangover because it really depends on the person.
Here are a few variables that may contribute to a hangover:
the physical makeup of a person
a persons overall health
the type of drink you have
how much you drink and how fast
Dehydration and electrolyte imbalance: One of the classic symptoms of a hangover is dehydration. Drinking alcohol causes increase urination, sweating and vomiting, all of which deplete your natural electrolytes, causes dehydration. This will eventually cause increase thirst, dry mouth and nose which usually results in more drinking and dizziness.
Gastrointestinal disturbances: Alcohol can irritate your stomach lining and cause inflammation of your intestinal lining, slowing the emptying of your stomach.
Low blood sugar: Alcohol lowers the production of glucose and depletes glucose that is stored in the liver. Low-blood sugar will also lower the brain’s energy supply and leads to fatigue, weakness, or mood disturbances.
Disruption of sleep: Alcohol-induced sleep is often shorter and of less quality than normal sleep. This often times lead to fatigue and disrupt the body’s daily temperature rhythm and production of growth hormones and cortisol release, all of which can produce symptoms similar to jet lag.
Build up of alcohol toxins: Your body can only breakdown 1 drink per hour, so anything over that tends to linger in your body and travel to your brain, heart and glands.
Cocktail Cleanse helps prevent hangovers
Cocktail Cleanse helps replenish nutrients lost due to frequent urination when drinking alcohol, and helps remove acetaldehyde, preventing hangovers.
Our pharmacist created blend of vitamins, antioxidants and herbs can fight off your hangover before it has a change to start!
Just 2 capsules of Cocktail Cleanse preloads your liver with the nutrients needed to remove the toxins created when you drink alcohol, therefore you bounce back fast.
- Cocktail Cleanse
is a proprietary blend of essential amino acids, vitamins and antioxidants which are needed to naturally eliminate acetaldehyde.
Most hangover remedies focus on treating a hangover. Our formula is created to prevent hangovers from ever occurring.
Other factors that can contribute to a hangover:
- Congeners: Most alcoholic drinks contain congeners that can make you feel worse the next day. Clear liquors such as gin and vodka contain fewer congeners than whiskey, brandy, and red wine and will cause fewer hangover effects.
- The use of other drugs: Often times drinking is accompanied with cigarette smoking or the use other drugs. These substances can give you the symptoms of a hangover, or even make you feel worse.
- Loud Music and Flashing Lights: Often times having a drink means being out which involves loud music, lights and irritating smoke, these all exacerbate hangover headaches.
- Mixing different alcoholic drinks can also cause a hangover.
- Family history: People who have a family history of alcoholism tend to have worse hangovers than drinkers who have no family history of alcoholism. However, keep in mind that people with a family history of alcoholism generally consume more alcohol than those who do not have a family history.
How your body metabolizes alcohol
The liver breaks down most of the alcohol you drink so that it can be removed from the body. This creates substances that are even more harmful than alcohol. These substances can damage your liver cells and cause serious liver disease.
Soon after having a drink your liver gets to work. The enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) metabolizes ethanol into a toxic by-product known as acetaldehyde. Acetaldehyde is a poison, created when alcohol is being metabolized and is thought to be the reason for hangovers.
Cocktail Cleanse dramatically RESTORES depleted glutathione levels and helps eliminate acetaldehyde from the body. Glutathione is the essential amino acid responsible for the breakdown of alcohol. Acetaldehyde is the poison created when alcohol is being metabolized.
Acetaldehyde is a cancer-causing, toxic chemical that can build up in the body from alcohol consumption. It is produced as the body turns alcohol into aldehyde, which breaks down into acetate, and then into acetic acid. Acetaldehyde can cause headaches and nausea, but there has been research that shows that it also causes sleepiness.
Our strategic blend is designed to prepare your liver with the necessary nutrients needed to metabolize alcohol at the first sip!